Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Onions, raw, chopped
1 cup Peppers, green bell, chopped
1 cup celery, raw, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin, ground
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Oregano leaves, dried, ground
2 cups Zucchini, raw, sliced
3 cups Chicken breast, cooked, diced
1 can Black beans, canned, drained (15 oz can)
30 ounces Kidney beans, red mature, drained
2 cups tomato sauce
30 ounces Diced tomatoes and juice
2 cups chicken broth
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan or stock pot. Add onions, celery and peppers and cook approximately 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add garlic, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
3. Add zucchini, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
4. Cook for approximately 15 minutes on medium to high heat, until zucchini is softened.
5. Add chicken and beans, cook another 20 minutes. Ensure that temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
6. Serving suggestions: Serve chili with brown rice or quinoa. Chili can be topped with shredded low fat cheddar cheese or fresh cilantro leaves.
Sock Rockin’ Chicken Chili is a light textured chili with a very fresh taste and just enough spicy kick to knock your socks off! Made with chicken breast, kidney and black beans, our chili contains lots of lean protein from alternate protein sources. It also utilizes commodities such as canned tomatoes to ensure this recipe is cost effective for schools looking to add this spicy entree to their lunch menu!
Poverello Live Well Center shared Wilton Live's video.5 d ago
This Saturday is Wilton Manors Stonewall Pride Event! Everyone has their own story. Show up and be proud of yours! Stonewall National Museum - Wilton Manors GalleryStonewall National Museum & ArchivesWilton Manors Stonewall Parade & Festival Page Wilton Manors, Florida Wilton Manors Stonewall Pride Parade Wilton Manors Entertainment Group Inc Shawn Palacious My Big Funny Peter Peter C Bisuito Sunshine Cathedral