This warm toasted sandwich is easy to make. Our recipe uses one slice of bread per serving. An open-faced sandwich has less sodium and fewer calories.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine tuna, lime juice, onion, tomatoes, apple, celery, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Toast the bread.
4. Place 6 slices of toasted bread on a cookie sheet. Put an even amount of tuna mixture on top of each slice. If using parsley and chilies, add these too.
5. Put ½ slice cheese on top of the tuna and bake for about 3 minutes.
6. Add an extra slice of tomato and lettuce on top if you like.
7. Serve hot.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
From: Diabetic Living Magazine, Summer 2018 and EatingWell
We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish.
By: Diabetic Living Magazine https://t.co/VtrUMo36jR