Use fresh or frozen spinach and red peppers, or try adding your own colorful vegetables in this dish.
1. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and garlic powder.
2. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each tortilla.
3. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bell pepper and 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
4. Add spinach: 1/4 cup if using fresh leaves OR 2 Tablespoons if using frozen. Fold tortillas in half.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Remove quesadillas from skillet, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
From: Diabetic Living Magazine, Summer 2018 and EatingWell
We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish.
By: Diabetic Living Magazine https://t.co/VtrUMo36jR