· ½ large eggplant cut into thin rounds
· ½ grated parmesan cheese
· 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1/3 cup tomato sauce
· 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Fresh basil for garnish
Per Serving: 274 calories; 19.1 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 14.6 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 718 mg sodium
Yield: 2 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Arrange eggplant rounds on a baking sheet; lightly coat with olive oil.
3. Bake eggplant rounds in preheated oven until hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Flip the eggplant rounds; top with Parmesan cheese in an even layer to cover. Return eggplant to oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
5. Drop a dollop of tomato sauce into the center of each eggplant round; top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake until mozzarella cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
7. Garnish with fresh basil.