SUMMARY: We are looking for an experienced, motivated Fundraising Manager who believes in our vision and can achieve extraordinary fundraising goals.
LOCATION: In normal times, this position we offer is in our main facility. Now, due to the exceptional measures in place to prevent COVID-19, we are looking for a manager to work from home as Fundraiser. Once the situation is back to normal, this position may become permanent and located in our Wilton Manors facility.
WORK REMOTELY: Yes
JOB TYPES: Full-time and/or Part-time
EXPERIENCE: Professional Fundraising: 3 years (Required)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build, sustain and expand relationships with donors, corporations, schools, colleges, bars and all types of associations with emphasis on obtaining partnerships and sponsorships while identifying potential revenue streams. Our donors are local, nationwide and worldwide.
- Personable both in person, voice and via e-communication.
- Identify, develop and coordinate publicity and promotional opportunities, including but not limited to the preparation and distribution of press releases and photos to media outlets and maintaining press clippings.
- Coordinate event logistics for all special events and fundraisers.
- Develop and coordinate the annual giving campaign
- Conceptualize and write stories and articles about the organization and our clients
- Prepare statistical and analytical reports, including information required by funders.
- Prepare monthly Board of Directors report and submit to the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in determining long-range goals and strategic planning.
- Assist the CEO in all fundraising and friend-raising activities.
- Report to and work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise staff members and volunteers at work and events.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as a backup spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public when the CEO is unavailable.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and partners.
- Oversee marketing and communications efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO or Board of Directors.
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing/sourcing and applying for funding opportunities
- Assists in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events.
- Ensures adherence to state laws and agency and site-specific policies.
- Assists with the development of the 2020 Impact Report.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has responsibility for supervising students and interns from local marketing, business and other University programs if recruited.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Required Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, IT or relevant field; certification in fundraising, sales or marketing will be preferred. At least 6-10 years’ experience with nonprofit management. Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving. A team player with high-level of dedication. Organizational and strategic planning skills with a strong public speaking ability. Strong written and verbal communication skills. History of successful nonprofit work showing improved results. Ability to work closely with others.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- PPT, Word and Excel proficiency.
- Word Press, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or Fireworks experience a plus.
- Marketing and/or communications experience or course work a plus.
INTERESTED? please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org