“40 percent of food in the United States today goes uneaten” according to NRDC. That’s why at The Poverello Center, we strive to recover food from local groceries, bakeries and stores. Recovered food goes to our participants who are food insecure. These gracious patrons have committed to providing their high quality, nutrient rich food to Poverello. Please take time out of your day as you shop at these stores, to show your gratitude for how they’re helping the poor in our community.
Food Recovery Locations:
- 7- Eleven 1500 NE 26th St, Wilton Manors
- Lucky’s Market, Oakland Park Blvd
- Publix # 70, 3400 N. Fed. Hwy. Ft. Laud. Coral Ridge
- Publix #0591, 4703 N. Ocean Dr., Sea Ranch Lakes
- Panera Breads, 5A Sugar Hollow Rd, Imperial Square
- Boston Bagel, Cypress Creek & 62nd, Ft Lauderdale
- Publix #750, 1003 E Commercial Blvd, Oakland Park
- 7- Eleven Federal Highway & 18th St, Ft Lauderdale
- Warsaw, 13th Street, Wilton Manors
- Pink Sub, 2041 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors
- Publix #1097, 1940 Cordova Road, Ft. Lauderdale
It’s a “Berry” lovely summer so far! #BerrySummer #EatWellSFL Don’t miss #Blackberries on our June Groceries for a healthy meal plan lists! #SuperSummer https://t.co/DNp52xUgvg
#MoreHealthyDays #EatWellSFL https://t.co/1LFpRNHRhF
‘Superfood’ has become a bit of a buzzword recently, used to describe anything you would eat that is vaguely healthy for you. However, there are several foods that are extremely good for you: https://t.co/xXBlm7yz5Q #dacadoo #healthscore #dacdoohealthscore #nutrition #superfoods https://t.co/NRcZccZypn
For many years our friends at #WellsFargo have supported #poverello in our Bowl-a-thon and supported by lending us our Board Vice Chair Mitch Bloom. Today he brought his Diversity and Inclusion Council to spend the day volunteering with us. #TnankYou! #FoodisMedicine https://t.co/KrjBmovyRq
#ckd #Depression #SBIRT https://t.co/YhEFK7E5Gb
Don't let this #MondayBlues get to you. A study published in @KIReports suggests that #depression is very common in #KidneyPatients, but also discusses ways to manage it.
Turn to your doctor and loved ones for the support you need. #MondayMotivation
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
From: Diabetic Living Magazine, Summer 2018 and EatingWell
We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish.
By: Diabetic Living Magazine https://t.co/VtrUMo36jR