We currently offer five medically tailored grocery meal plan options to fit the dietary needs of our clients, while addressing the increasing prevalence of chronic illnesses in our community. Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension/Cardiac Artery Disease and Chronic Kidney Disease are some of the diseases that like HIV, are aided by good nutrition. Our grocery lists include:
- Groceries for a Regular Healthy Meal Plan
- Groceries for a Diabetic-Friendly Meal Plan
- Groceries for a Heart Healthy Meal Plan
- Groceries for a Kidney-Friendly Meal Plan
- Groceries for a Vegetarian-Friendly Meal Plan
We have included a vegetarian-friendly list for clients that choose to avoid animal proteins but still require quality protein intake. All food boxes include at least 28 servings of appropriate fresh fruits and vegetables. All grocery lists making up our food boxes have been approved by a Registered Dietitian and can provide a balanced diet when choices are made with a variety of food groups as recommended by the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and ChooseMyPlate.