Date(s) - Friday, September 22
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The SPOT (Special Purpose Outreach Team) mobile medical clinic is the only Syringe Services Program (SSP) approved by Broward County and authorized under the Florida Infectious Disease Elimination Act (IDEA). Validated by the CDC, SSPs take used needles off the streets and prevent overdoses by providing education, medical care, and linkage to substance use disorder treatment programs.
- Safe Syringe Exchange Program
- Naloxone distribution (overdose reversal medication)
- COVID Vaccinations
- HIV, HCV, STI, and infectious disease screenings
- Phlebotomy and laboratory services
- On-site or telehealth services
- Social services, behavioral health, and medical services, including wound care, hepatitis vaccination, and PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) and more.
- Referrals for specialized care