This colorful crowd-pleaser that incorporates vegetables, whole grains, protein and dairy in one dish. Serve with some fresh, frozen, canned, or dried fruit for a meal that contains all of the food groups.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. Prepare the spaghetti using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain well in a colander.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the spaghetti. Pour into a baking dish.
5. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through and light golden brown on top.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
From: Diabetic Living Magazine, Summer 2018 and EatingWell
We love fresh summer corn when it's in season, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish.
By: Diabetic Living Magazine https://t.co/VtrUMo36jR