LOCATION: In normal times, this position we offer is located in our main facility. Now, due to the exceptional measures in place to prevent COVID-19, we are looking for an associate to work from home as Consignment/Online Sales Coordinator with only access to the sales floors/backrooms of the thrift stores and no access to the other parts of the organization. Once the situation is back to normal, this position may become permanent and located in our Wilton Manors and Pompano Beach thrift stores.
COMPENSATION: $10 – $15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Personable both in person and via e-communication.
- Inventory tracking and pricing all items responsibly to maximize revenues.
- Selects donated thrift store items to sell online.
- Take high quality display photos of items to maximize the information and maximize selling price.
- Research what types of merchandise sells best Online, collect those items from store/sorting areas.
- Add items to Online Stores in creative way to maximize selling potential.
- Monitor Online accounts, deal with questions from potential buyers.
- Communicates promptly with buyers’ inquiries and end of each auction.
- Sourcing other places Online or at other retail outlets, auction houses, dealers to sell specialty items such as artwork, and antiques to maximize income for donated items Generate monthly sales reports.
- Work with online sales and marketing teams to plan and execute eCommerce activities as part of the promotion schedule and product launches.
- Package all items for safe delivery.
- Maintains a five-star rating for all Poverello Online Stores and encourages online feedback.
- Mails items to buyers in an expeditious and mutually agreed upon manner with the buyer.
- Communicates with all areas (thrift store and back-room) to ensure valuable items are not undervalued.
- Along with the donation’s manager is responsible for the sales of donated vehicles.
- Leverages contacts and industry best practices to develop new eCommerce operations standards.
- Responds to complaints from customers and gives after-sales support when requested.
- Store and sort financial and non-financial data in electronic form and present reports.
- Handles and processes all orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Informs clients of unforeseen delays or problems.
- Assists in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events.
- Ensures adherence to state laws and agency and site-specific policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has responsibility for supervising students and interns from local marketing, business and other University programs if recruited.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Required Associated degree (AA); BSc/BA in business administration, Marketing, IT or relevant field is preferred; certification in sales or marketing will be an asset. Proven experience in sales, at least 2-3 years of Retail and/or Consignment experience; well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving. A team player with high-level of dedication.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- PPT, Word and Excel proficiency.
- Word Press, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or Fireworks experience a plus.
- Marketing and/or communications experience or course work a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Online and PayPal sales.
- Broad knowledge base of antiques, collectibles and high-end items.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office, Photoshop, HTML, Google Analytics, social media, with scripting languages, Excellent web development skills and web trends and technologies preferred.
- Social Media campaign management, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
INTERESTED? please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com