SUMMARY: The provides supervision, oversight and management of thrift stores operations to generate revenues to support TPC programs and administration. The Manager manages staff and volunteers, oversees sales, donations of merchandise, promotion of the store in the community, and internal fiscal controls. The Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team. As Store manager, he/she responsible for ensuring the staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the two locations: Pompano Beach & Wilton Manors.
- Alternate rotating shifts between the two locations (Pompano Beach & Wilton Manors).
- Develop and implement written procedures for store operations, including opening, and closing the store; procedures for accepting, sorting, pricing donations; security procedures for staff and volunteers.
- Handling of cash, sales, gift cards, vouchers, deliveries/pick up coordination, and other relevant procedures as needed.
- Oversees the processing of donated items, manages the rotation of items and the disposal of donated items in a timely fashion.
- Processes include sorting, tagging, displaying and disposing of donated items, providing leadership to staff and volunteers; sets standards for merchandise and communicates same.
- Manages supply inventory, completes purchase orders as necessary and monitors all invoices.
- Experience with “point of sale,” computerized sales and inventory systems.
- Contributes to the development of annual revenue projections and meets financial goals.
- Understands budget management, controls petty cash expenditures.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of resale, thrift, consignment and retail trends through daily reading (e-mail list serves, publications) and participation in webinars, staff meetings, and periodic offsite training.
- Meets periodically with other thrift shop managers for networking.
- Participate in training required by accreditation standards, plus performance and quality improvement efforts.
- Attend manager/staff meetings and keep store personnel informed of new policies and directives.
- Ensures all store maintenance is accomplished.
- Ensures staff assignment, breaks, PTO (vacation, sick, personal leaves, etc.) are scheduled.
- Training, supervising, discipline and appraising staff & volunteers (assistant manager, third key, cashiers, donation door attendant, drivers, driver assistant, sorters, front desk/dispatcher, among others).
- Managing budgets and maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Create and maintain overall store presentation.
- Motivates and inspires the team to achieve store productivity goals.
- Provide input to senior management decisions.
- Knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements.
- Verifies bank deposits and cash drawers at close of business and responsible for communicating over/shorts to accounting.
- Be available to customers and provide prompt and accurate checkout, ensures opening of second register as needed to ensure short wait times to checkout.
- Direct oversight of opening and closing procedures by delegated staff.
- Knowledge of company and store policies and procedures.
- Evaluate procedures and make recommendations for increased efficiency, savings and cost reductions.
- Provide leadership to staff and promote effective communication on all levels.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has supervisory responsibilities on overseeing the thrift store employees/volunteers, included but not limited to: Consignment/Online Sales Coordinator Thrift Store Assistant, Third Key, Cashier, Greeter, donation door attendant, Back-Room, Sorter/Pricer, front desk/dispatcher, drivers, drivers’ assistant, among others.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate degree required. Bachelor’ degree in business, financial or marketing is highly preferable. Minimum three years’ experience in retail management experience. Knowledge of city ordinances and associated inspection and compliance. Workforce management.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with MS Office: Excel and Word, Outlook, database programs, point of sale software, internet. Online HR and payroll access, Point of Sale and inventory software.
TYPE: Full-time (temporarily available, COVID-19)
INTERESTED? please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com